Season Two of NBC's American drama television series, Midnight, Texas was picked up on February 14, 2018. Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder will take over as co-showrunners, replacing series creator Monica Owusu-Breen. Additionally, Sarah Ramos and Yul Vazquez will not be reprising their roles as series regulars. However, the hope is for them to appear as guest stars. The second season will air on October 26th, 2018 and will air on Friday nights at 9pm, a move from Monday nights from its season one premiere. It was announced that the show is canceled by NBC on December 21, 2018.
DEVILISH "MIDNIGHT, TEXAS" EARNS SECOND SEASON RENEWAL ON NBC
Summer's Supernatural Hit Returns as Author Charlaine Harris' Compelling Tale Unfolds for Loyal Audiences
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - Feb. 14, 2018 - "Midnight, Texas," the #1 summer broadcast drama in the 18-49 demo, has been renewed for a second season on NBC.
Eric Charmelo and Nicole Snyder, who served as consulting producers on the first season and have an overall deal with Universal Television, will be showrunners for season two and will executive produce along with David Janollari. The series is produced by Universal Television and David Janollari Entertainment.
The supernatural thriller, which is based on the best-selling book series by Charlaine Harris (author of the novels that inspired "True Blood"), takes a journey into a remote Texas town where nothing is what it seems. In Midnight, Texas, being normal is strange and only outsiders fit in. It's a mysterious safe haven for those who are different - a perfect place for anyone looking to hide from the outside world.
"I am stoked at the prospect of a second season of 'Midnight, Texas,'" Harris said. "I can't wait to revisit my favorite town to discover what its inhabitants have been up to the past few months. Now the viewers, who've been asking me questions daily, will have their reward."
The series stars François Arnaud ("The Borgias") as Manfred, a charming, powerful psychic who can communicate with spirits and finds safety in Midnight surrounding himself with both human and supernatural allies. Midnight is also home to Bobo, proprietor of the town's local pawn shop (Dylan Bruce, "Orphan Black"); Fiji, a witch who owns the local wiccan shop (Parisa Fitz-Henley, "Luke Cage"); Olivia, a mysterious assassin with a weapon for every occasion (Arielle Kebbel, "Ballers"); Joe, an angel who knows all of Midnight's secrets, having been around for millennia (Jason Lewis, "Sex and the City"); Lemuel, a wise vampire with a long history in Midnight (Peter Mensah, "True Blood"); and others.
In praising "Midnight, Texas" last summer, USA Today said the series was "a genuinely fun summer diversion" while the Los Angeles Times added the show was "a charming new take on spooky old stories, with enough magic to keep even cynical viewers engaged."
"Midnight, Texas" was last summer's #1 drama on the broadcast networks in the key 18-49 demographic. "Midnight, Texas" ran undefeated in its 10 p.m. Monday timeslot versus its regular ABC and CBS competition in 18-49.
To Be Announced
|Image||Title||Airdate||Writer / Director||Episode #|
|Head Games||October 26, 2018||Eric Charmelo & Nicole Snyder / Tim Andrew||1|
|After shutting the veil to hell, The Midnighters finally settle into a semblance of normality— until the opening of a new hotel rocks their stability once again. Manfred deals with the consequences of 'taking-in' six demons. Joe makes a new friend.|
|The Monster of the Week is Patriarchy||November 2, 2018||Brynn Malone / Tim Andrew||2|
|Manfred investigates a gruesome murder in the hotel. Lem and Olivia's psychic connection drives a wedge between them. Bobo's life is put in danger by a series of strange 'accidents,' much to Fiji's concern.|
|To Witch Hell and Back||November 9, 2018||Turi Meyer & Al Septien / Rob J. Greenlea||3|
|Fiji and Manfred try to get to the bottom of who or what is trying to kill Bobo. A guilt-ridden Rev struggles with the weight of his past. Joe embraces his new 'night job,' unbeknownst to his husband.|
|I Put a Spell On You||November 16, 2018||Ken Hanes / Rob J. Greenlea||4|
|The Midnighters join forces to protect a newcomer in town. With Bobo still in danger, Fiji's forced to take desperate action to save him. Patience and Manfred bond over their relationship troubles.|
|Drown the Sadness in Chardonnay||November 30, 2018||Katie Lunskis / Stacey K. Black||5|
|Lem makes a shocking decision. Olivia's past comes back to haunt her. Fiji seeks outside help from her fellow Light Witches. A suicide pits Manfred and Kai against one another.|
|No More Mr. Nice Kai||December 7, 2018||Deidre Mangan / PJ Pesce||6|
|An unknown force threatens to reveal all the Midnighters' secrets. Manfred's suspicion towards Kai intensifies. Fiji embraces Dark Magic to save Bobo once and for all.|
|Resting Witch Face||December 14, 2018||Kelli Breslin / Neema Barnette||7|
|In the wake of tragedy, Manfred vows revenge. Joe squares off against a former ally to save his husband. Fiji spends a night on the town. Kai gives Patience an ultimatum.|
|Patience is a Virtue||December 21, 2018||Al Septien & Turi Meyer / Barbara Brown||8|
|Manfred and Kai team up against a common foe. Olivia and Bobo search for a way to bring Fiji back to their side. Joe gets a surprising visitor.|
|Yasss, Queen||December 28, 2018||Eric Charmelo, Nicole Snyder & Evan Twohy / Nick Gomez||9|
|With Midnight, Texas now under the rule of Dark Witches, the surviving Midnighters must band together in one last, desperate attempt to save their town.|
- The writers' room opened on March 22, 2018.
- Filming for the second season will begin in July, 2018. François Arnaud, however, states they will begin filming in five weeks, in New Mexico, placing production to start in late May. Filming will continue through September or October, where managements wants a first show of the new season to be aired during Halloween week. Alternatively, Arielle Kebbel states that filming will begin in June. 
- Kelli Breslin (in March ) and Jeffrey Reddick (on May 6, 2018) joins the crew of writers.
- According to The New Mexico Film Office, the production will employ approximately 400 New Mexico crew members, 40 New Mexico actors, and approximately 1,600 New Mexico background talent.
- New Mexico Film Office Director, Nick Maniatis, announced that the television series "Midnight, Texas", produced by Universal Television and David Janollari Entertainment, will be filming from mid-June through mid-September in Albuquerque. Directors include by Tim Andrew ("Teen Wolf"), Rob Greenlea ("Madam Secretary"), Stacey Black ("NCIS: New Orleans"), Marisol Adler ("The Brave"), Neema Barnette ("Luke Cage"), Barbara Brown ("American Horror Story") and Nick Gomez ("Daredevil").
- The week of July 9th, 2018, the cast and crew begin principal photography for episodes three and four.
- The showrunners, Nicole Snyder and Eric Charmelo, in an interview with CinemaBlend have stated that the second season of Midnight, Texas will be more adult than the first season and noted that NBC gave very specific "marching orders" in "making [the second season] soapier, more sexy, salacious, more along the lines of True Blood." Both also noted that "We really pushed the envelope just in regards to relationships and sex appeal and gore and scares, it's a mixed bag but it's pretty risqué". They go on to elaborate that the show will also be more serialized and have a greater focus on character relationships as opposed to its monster-of-the-week format as the "last season [of] the show was trying to find its legs and there were monster of the week elements. We still have that peripherally but, [...] the relationships take front and center this season". Additionally, Snyder and Carmelo mentioned that the second season will focus on the show's mythology stating "This year is heavy mythology. There's mythology unfolds in every single episode".
- The actor who plays Kai Lucero, Nestor Carbonell has stated that "This season is its own contained story, We are starting fresh, and I didn’t feel like it was a complete moving train. You never know when joining a new set, in terms of style, what it’s going to be like. Even though there’s a lot of humor, it’s finding a tone that balances everything out. I feel like you can jump right into season two without knowing what happened in the first season. It’s an incredible ride".
- On May 13, 2018, it was announced that season two will air on Friday at 9pm.
- The second season has been set up with elements taken from the second book in the Midnight, Texas Trilogy: Day Shift.